Need to apply for nonprofit mail rates through the U.S. Postal Service? The process is all outlined on their website. First, a variety of nonprofit organizations are eligible including agricultural, educational, philanthropic, veterans, fraternal, labor, scientific, religious and some political campaigns. Simple documentation is needed to submit with your Form 3624 application, and your organization can even get reimbursed for some of the cost of regular postage prior to receiving authorization to mail at nonprofit prices.
Here are the details:
- First, fill out your Form 3624. You can also pick up a form from any post office.
- Submit three pieces of documentation to prove your organization’s nonprofit status: your articles of incorporation, IRS determination letter and another document such as a balance sheet prepared by your CPA.
- Be ready to provide additional documentation in some cases such as your organization’s activities in the last 12 months, a summary of receipts and expenditures for the past fiscal year and the budget for the current year, or other documents (board meeting minutes, brochures, etc.).
- Drop off your application at your nearest post office or submit it online (get a login and password).
- Wait approximately two weeks for your authorization before apply for a refund on mail already sent at the regular business rate (Form 3533).
To learn more about different mailing options available for your organization, contact MCC’s Mailing Solutions Division today!